We are buyers, refiners, recyclers, assayers, and smelters of gold, silver, platinum, all precious metals and scrap, including industrial platinum, palladium and rhodium. Precious Metal Recovery serve both jewelers and the general public. Be sure to bookmark our site to check the current spot prices on gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. Precious Metal Recovery is a division of Northern Refineries.
Precious Metal Buyers is a division of Northern Refineries. Please send your materials insured via UPS, FedEx, or USPS to:
29509 Sierra Point Circle
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Special Instructions:Upon shipping material I warrant to NORTHERN REFINERIES LLC that any material offered for refining and sale is submitted with clear legal title.
Important: Include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address (if available), and a copy of your driver's license or state ID number with the package. If your settlement is over $8,000 you can choose between a free one-ounce silver coin or free shipping. Remember to include your coupon.
With the growth of India’s middle class, demand for gold jewelry is already growing in the fourth quarter of 2014. Combined with China slowing down gold mining, prices for gold continue to climb upward. Every new smartphone and high-tech device produced also drives prices higher. The World Gold Council predicts gold prices to reach $2,500 per ounce by the end of 2015.
Modeled after the Tupperware parties of the 1980s, gold parties sprouted across the country once gold started to climb past $1,000 per ounce. After the recession of 2008, gold parties have become even more popular as more people are trying to find ways to augment their income. Below I offer you step-by-step guide on how to host a fun and profitable party.
Important! Make sure gold party is legal in your state. In some states (California, Georgia, and Virginia), gold parties are not allowed and some states require a permit.
Silver parties can bring in some cash
It is calculated that humans excavated more than 800,000 tons of silver. According to Kitco, in the past twenty years prices for silver went from around $5 per ounce to over $20; reaching the all-time high of $40 earlier in 2014. If current trends of silver consumption for jewelry and industrial needs continue investment in silver will become very profitable.
Silver is used in creation of computer keywords, elevator buttons, and microwave control panels, iPad, iPhone, Android and other devices. Silver chloride can be found in batteries, and coatings for solar panels. Thin layer of silver on the glass, created mirrors and later helped create microscopes and telescopes. Every day, scientists continue to find new applications for silver. However, supplies of silver on Earth is limited and as demand continues its growth, popularity of silver parties where friends bring together their unwanted silver and get cash at the end of party will grow as well. Read More
Recycling Electrical Contacts Scrap
In order to ensure proper working conditions of electrical contacts they need to be replaced regularly as both electrical and mechanical wear occurs. Each device how has its own manufacturer-recommended maintenance schedule. Instead of disposing of worn-out electrical contact – collect and recycle them!
In order to recycle scrap electrical contacts you need to remove them first. Look for button-looking, shiny, circular object like the one in the picture below. Using a pair of vise grips heat the back of the contact until the silver solder melts and drop the silver contact into a bucket of water. Collect a minimum of 15 lbs. before sending it to the refinery. Read More
- Gold - 96% of the fine gold contained (based on current market price determined on date of completion of order). Our turn around time for gold is 3 - 5 business days. Learn about our gold refining process.
- Gold Filled - 90% of the fine gold contained (based on the current market price determined on the date of completion of order). Our turn around time for gold filled is 3 - 12 business days.
- Palladium and Rhodium - We pay 80% of the fine Rhodium and 85% of the fine palladium contained (based on the current market price determined on the date of completion of order) Turn around time is 3 - 12 business days.
- Sterling Silver (0.925) - 90% of the fine silver contained (0.925) spot (based on the current market price determined on date of completion of order)*. Some examples of 0.925 Sterling Silver are flatware, vintage trays and ware, jewelry, sterling solder, and scrap. Our turn around time is 3 - 12 business days.
- Fine Silver (0.999) - 92% for fine hallmarked .999 fine silver contained (based on the current market price determined on date of completion of order)*. Examples of fine silver are 0.999 bars and rounds. Turn around time is 3 - 5 business days.
- Photographic Flake - 90% of the value of fine silver contained based on the current market price determined on date of completion of order. Turn around time is 3 - 12 business days. Learn about our silver refining process.
- Coin Silver (90%) - 90% of the fine coin silver contained (minted prior to 1965) based on the current market price determined on date of completion of order*. Turn around time is 3 - 12 business days. Learn about our silver refining process.
- Silver Electrical Contacts or any material that contains Cadmium - 85% of the fine silver contained (based on the current market price determined on date of completion of order). Turn around time is 4-6 weeks.*, ** Learn about our silver refining process. All other industrial silver groups that is less than 80% fine silver contained we pay 85%.
*Due to the current higher precious metal prices our turnaround time could take longer than normal.
Must have 3 ounces or more of karat gold to receive a 96% payout. Less than 3 ounces will receive a 94% payout.
**Must have 12 pounds or more of sterling silver to receive a 90% payout. Less than 12 pounds will receive an 85% payout.
**Turn around time is 4-5 weeks for any material containing Cadmium and tungsten.
**$1.10 per incoming ounce or $400.00 minimum charge to remove cadmium and tungsten. Also minimum amount to ship is 15 pounds.